Countdown to baby.....

pregnancy calendar

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

9w6d


Well, today I had what could be my last ultrasound for a while. I had my last appt with the RE. And I got one last ultrasound. My little baby is measuring 2 days ahead of where I am, and the heartbeat was a nice 160. It looked like a little teddy bear. Then I met with the RE (for the first time, since my first appt. in that office). He gave me a plan to start tapering the progesterone medication I am on, since by the end of the first trimester, the placenta takes care of all that. I got copies of my records to give to my OB, and a second set to keep for myself. He is recommending that I do the Nuchal Translucency test. I am still a little up in the air about it. I hear so many stories of false positives with that test, that I don't know if I want to put myself through it. I guess the first step is to see what it will cost with my insurance, and go from there.
The positive with doing that test is that I would get another ultrasound in a few weeks. Otherwise, I probably won't have another one, unless there is an issue, until 18-20 weeks.
Decisions, decisions.
After, I had my appt., I went to the lab so that I could get my blood work done that had been ordered for my OB's office at my appt. last Friday. They took 7 vials of blood out of me. Those vampires. I hope those all come back normal.
So, now I wait for another week and a half for another appt., then I get to be on an appt. schedule that a normal pregnant woman has.

No comments:

Post a Comment